- Advising and assisting the President in taking charge of educational testing and quality assurance activities for training programs (at undergraduate and graduate level), for training forms (full-time and part-time) and types of training programs (transfer, joint, high-quality and advanced programs) at main and sub campuses of NLU;
- Researching, suggesting and coordinating with other units to implement activities in order to assure and improve the educational quality, in devoting to acomplish the mission and development stratety of NLU;
- Acting as representative of NLU in relationships with superior management units, with domestic and international partners in the field of educational testing and quality assurance;
- Implementing legal normative documents and guidelines on education quality control issued by the Ministry of Education and Training;
- Developing and proposing to the President the strategy and solutions for quality assurance at NLU, in the orientation of regional and international integration;
- Developing and implementing collaborative plans in quality assurance with other organizations;
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the internal quality assurance system, including but not limited to:
- Planning and implementing the monitoring instruments which are: studying progress tracer, pass rate and drop-out rate; academic staff evaluation, course and curriculum evaluation; student service evaluation; feedbacks from the lablour market and alumni; research performance evaluation;
- Planning and conducting specific quality assurance instruments: SWOT analysis; inter-collegial audits, information system, quality handbook;
- Monitoring the implementation of special quality assurance procedures: assurance student assessments; assurance quality staff; quality assurance facilities; quality assurance student support;
- Analyzing the results of the assessment, reporting and recommending the adjustment of resources and processes in order to attain quality assurance objectives.
- Conducting self-assessment and accreditation of NLU; acting as a representative of NLU in relationships with domestic and international accreditation organizations to implement education quality assessment and accreditation, including but not limited to:
- Guiding and supporting other units to carry out the self-assessment in accordance with the standards of educational quality assurance;
- Implementing the quality assurance activities at NLU’s faculties, departments, institutes and centers;
- Coordinating with other units in updating information and evidence for accreditations;
- Checking and reporting to the President on the implementation of the self-assessment action plan;
- Preparing contents and documents for self-assessment council meetings; assisting the self-assessment Board members in collecting information and writing the report;
- Managing and archiving self-assessment report and supporting evidence; regularly updating the evidence in accordance with the accrediation standards.
- Coodinating with internal and external units in quality assurance activities;
- Periodically reporting on quality assurance results to superior management units and to NLU’s President.
- Implementing legal normative documents and guidelines on educational testing issued by the Ministry of Education and Training;
- Developing and proposing to the President the regulations on educational testing in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training;
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of NLU’s educational testing activities, including but not limited to:
- Guiding, monitoring and examining the implementation of administrative documents related to the educational testing at NLU’s units;
- Coordinating with other offices, faculties/departments and other units in directing, operating and organizing question bank design and courses, entrance and exit examinations;
- Examining and supervising the educational testing tasks for all courses, disciplines, and training levels and forms;
- Coordinating with other offices, faculties/departments and other units to assist the President in organizing appeal procedures and solving problems during and after examinations for all levels and forms of trainings at main and sub campuses;
- Archiving and ensuring the confidentiality of test papers and grades in accordance with the regulations.
- Studying, updating and proposing solutions to improve the educational testing methods in the orientation of modernization and integration;
- Regularly reporting the results of educational testing tasks to the superior management units and to NLU’s President.
- Managing the use of assets, machinery, equipment, stationery, etc. which are assigned by NLU for proper, safe and effective purposes;
- Performing other tasks assigned by the President.